Blue Cross Blue Shield Preventive Health Services
Our Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Plan includes annual physical examinations, cholesterol screenings, colon cancer screenings, and more. Please see the Plan Description PPO or EPO for details. For any questions regarding the plan, please contact Lee HoKum at Lee.HoKum@Teledyne.com.
TBE is committed to helping you and your family prevent and manage diabetes. Our new online diabetes support program recognizes your individual challenges and encourages you to overcome them. Click here to access the tools.
Diabetes is a leading cause of heart attack, stroke, blindness, kidney failure, and amputation. The good news is, type 2 diabetes can be prevented, and it isn’t as hard as you might think. Losing just 7% of your body weight (which translates to 14 pounds if you weigh 200 pounds) and exercising moderately (like brisk walking) 5 days a week can reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes by 58%. Other lifestyle changes also can prevent and/or delay diabetes complications.
TBE is commited to helping you and your family prevent and manage heart disease. Our new online heart health resource is filled with useful information and tools. Click here to access the tools.
Our wellness library, located inside the Health and Wellness Resource Center in the Manufacturing Building, consists of many resources on a wide variety of health and wellness topics. This self-service library is free to all employees.
Health and Wellness LResource Links:
- American Cancer Society - www.cancer.org
- American Diabetes Association - www.diabetes.org
- American Dietetic Association - www.eatright.org
- American Heart Association - www.heart.org
- American Lung Association - www.lungusa.org
- Be Healthy - www.behealthy.com
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - www.bcbsal.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov
- 5-a-Day: Fruits and Veggies Matter - www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov
- Federal Nutrition Information Center - www.nutrition.gov
- Mayo Clinic - www.mayoclinic.com
- My Plate - www.myplate.gov
- National Cancer Institute - www.cancer.gov
- National Institutes of Health - www.nih.gov
- National Institutes of Mental Health - www.nimh.nih.gov
- National Library of Medicine - www.nlm.nih.gov
- National Stroke Association - www.stroke.org
- US Department of Health & Human Services - www.healthfinder.gov
- WebMD - www.webmd.com
Teledyne is dedicated to providing a healthy and productive work environment for its employees, contractors customers and visitors. Therefore, it is our policy to prohibit smoking and the use of all tobacco products at Teledyne Brown owned and leased facilities. To support employees as they become tobacco free, we provide a variety of tobacco cessation resources:
Employees are encouraged to enroll in a 10-week tobacco cessation program offered through Huntsville Hospital's Center for Lung Health.
Our Caremark prescription plan covers tobacco cessation aids at 100%.
For information on this or for further support, contact Cassidy Bucy, HR Generalist, at 256-726-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a number calculated from a person's weight and height. BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.
Click below to calculate your BMI.
Click the graphics to the left for the February 2017 wellness newsletters.
Click here for the January 2017 Better Safe Newsletter
Click here for the January 2017 Day In Day Out Newsletter
Click here for the January 2017 Take Charge Newsletter
Click here for the January 2017 To Your Health Newsletter